Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

82. Helmeted Guineafowl (Numida meleagris)

The Helmeted Guineafowl is a bulky, chicken-like bird native to parts of Africa. It was once found in Morocco but is most likely extinct there now; it has also been introduced to southern France. Its preferred habitat is dry savannah-type or farmed countryside with scattered scrub and trees.

Helmeted Guineafowl, ©Lip Kee, via Flickr Creative Commons.
Helmeted Guineafowl sketch.

I know, major cop-out - I didn't even attempt the spots. That's a lot of spots though and once you start you've made a big commitment, a commitment for which I didn't have time tonight! I will make up for it with tomorrow's drawing! I am quite pleased with the the overall shape (although the feet are a bit on the big side), better than many of my efforts, and the angle of the head - I think (hope!) you can tell it's looking away slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment