Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

30 Days Wild | Day 9 - fuzzy revision companions

Day 9 of 30 Days Wild was the day of my oceanography exam, eek. Consequently I hadn't planned anything specific for 30 Days Wild, but as always was open to any wild experience that might come my way. Whilst I was doing a bit of last-minute cramming in the morning, I heard Long-tailed Tits approaching outside. My study is upstairs in our house and looks straight into a massive Magnolia tree growing in our front garden! From my study and our bedroom in the past I've come eyeball-to-eyeball with Blue, Great and Long-tailed Tits, Goldcrests and Nuthatches, all visitors to the Magnolia. The Long-tailed Tits I could hear on this occasion were a family, presumably the same one which I'd seen several times over the past week, having spent most of this time revising in my study. They seemed to visit the Magnolia once a day most days, doing their rounds of the neighbourhood I guess. Whenever I heard them coming I had to stop revising and go to the window to watch them bobbling around in the branches! The juveniles especially with their black bandit masks came right up to the window, around a metre away from me - every time I saw their fuzzy faces it lifted my spirits, which while not at their lowest ebb hadn't exactly been soaring either - after all who actually enjoys exam revision?! It was great to see them on the day of my exam, and it made me wonder what else I miss in the Magnolia the rest of the time when I'm not trapped in my study!

No comments:

Post a Comment