Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

30 Days Wild | Day 23 - time for some painting

On day 23 of 30 Days Wild I worked on a painting that I'd started ages ago! This is part of my challenge to myself to draw or paint every bird in the Collins Bird Guide - the reason that I originally set up this blog back in 2013. However my workload over the past few months meant that I'd had to put my paintings on hold for a bit. Now I've got a bit more free time I'm hoping to get back to doing them more regularly. As you can see from the date on the painting below I started it back in March, so I was very happy to finally finish it! To be honest, I worked on it on both days 23 and 24 of 30 Days Wild - but I did the bulk of it on day 23, day 24 was just finishing touches really! I've also posted it along with the photo and a description of Stone Curlews here, following the format of all my previous paintings and drawings.

Stone Curlew watercolour painting.
So far on my painting and drawing challenge I've tried using pencils, acrylic paints, coloured pencil crayons and watercolours. My favourite media has definitely been watercolours and I do most of my work using those now. However I received as a gift from a friend recently some more media to try - aquarelle crayons and charcoal - so I'm looking forward to giving those a go too, especially the aquarelle crayons! You can see a Pinterest board of my favourites from my paintings and drawings, they are a bit variable in quality but I think I'm slowly improving :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment