Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

6. Lesser white-fronted goose (Anser erythropus)

Lesser white-fronted goose, ©michaelday_bath, via Flickr Creative Commons.
Lesser white-fronted goose sketch.
Annoyingly, the scanner has cut the bottom off even though the drawing did fit into the available space - doh! I spent a bit more time on this one than yesterday trying to get the feathers right - I didn't copy the pattern exactly, which would be the best way to achieve a convincing result, but tried to do a quick approximation in the time I had which I don't think looks too bad. Got a bit rushed by the time I got to the feet as you can probably tell!

It can be told apart from the white-fronted goose by its smaller more delicate bill which is always pink (can be orangey in white-fronted), prominent yellow orbital (eye) ring and white blaze usually extending back over the crown  - although this one's doesn't seem to have quite got there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment