Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

2. Whooper swan (Cygnus cygnus)

 Quite a bit more pleased with today's efforts than yesterday's. I made a conscious effort to try and sketch out the basic shape of the whole bird before adding any detail, and I think it is more in proportion as a result. Still struggling with fitting into the available space though, perhaps I need to use a whole page rather than a half per bird - I blame my tight Yorkshire nature for trying to get 2 drawings out of every page, maybe I need to accept that I'll just have to fork out for another sketchbook sooner.  

Whooper swan sketch.
Whooper swan at Tjörnin, 08/09/2012.
I took this photo on the lovely Tjörnin lake in central Reykjavík, Iceland, where there are Whoopers aplenty! Funny to see them in the middle of a city but very nice to hear them bugling away there.

Tjörnin lake, Reykjavík, 08/09/2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment