Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

4. Snow goose (Anser caerulescens)

As I don't have any of my own photos of snow geese (unsurprisingly, I've never seen one in the wild), I had an enjoyable peruse for photos online and found this one - I'm excited to draw a bird in flight instead of sitting on the water. 

Snow goose, ©Larry1732, via Flickr Creative Commons.
 
Snow goose sketch.

This is the white morph but it also comes in a blue morph with blue/grey plumage except for a white head, neck and tail, which is thus known as the blue goose, I guess that's what the latin caerulescens refers to. Looks like there is some disagreement over the genus as my Collins guide says Anser, but Google also tells me other authorities place it in the Chen genus.

I attribute any shoddiness in this drawing to the fact that I did it last night whilst also watching 'Captain America: The First Avenger' with Chris as he needed cheering up. Actually I'm quite pleased with it so maybe I should do all my drawings while watching daft superhero films.


2 comments:

  1. Yes. I think you should! Great pictures, good commitment actually sticking to doing it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you're my first commenter! Thanks for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete