Pages

Sunday 17 July 2016

30 Days Wild | Day 14 - botany-tastic

Today was rather grey and somewhat drizzly to begin with, so I decided to do some botanising around the lighthouse and south end of the island (where crucially much of the grass is grazed very short so I could avoid getting soggy shoes – a problem from previous days). I found lots of nice stuff, some that I was already familiar with and some that was new to me. I’m going to make this a general botany-themed post with lots of photos of plants I found on both today’s lighthouse walk and throughout the week. Hope I got all the IDs correct!


The school and Bird Observatory in the misty murk.
The south end.
The lighthouse.
Spring Squill (Scilla verna).
Thrift (Armeria maritima) with a Green-veined White (Pieris napi).
Brackish Water-crowfoot (Ranunculus baudotii) and Ivy-leaved Water-crowfoot (Ranunculus hederaceus).
Navelwort (Umbilicus rupestris).
Lesser Swine-cress (Coronopus didymus).
Adder's-tongue fern (Ophioglossum vulgatum).
A centaury, but I'm not sure which.
Thrift (Armeria maritima).
English Stonecrop (Sedum anglicum).
Eyebright (Euphrasia agg.).
Allseed (Radiola linoides).
Lesser Spearwort (Ranunculus flammula).
Wild Thyme (Thymus polytrichus).
Brookweed (Samolus valerandi).
Common Milkwort (Polygala vulgaris).
Eyebright (Euphrasia agg.).
Sheep's-bit (Jasione montana) with Golden Hair Lichen (Teloschistes flavicans).
Rock Sea-spurrey (Spergularia rupicola).

Sand Spurrey (Spergularia rubra).

Common Milkwort (Polygala vulgaris).
Common Spotted-orchid (Dactylorhiza fuchsii).

Thrift (Armeria maritima).
Heath Speedwell (Veronica officinalis).
Bog Pimpernel (Anagallis tenella).

No comments:

Post a Comment