Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

A brief hiatus

I won't be doing any drawing over the weekend as I'm going to All Tomorrow's Parties curated by Deerhunter, at Camber Sands in Sussex, where I will have the pleasure of seeing some top notch beat combos! I should hopefully have the chance to do a bit of morning pre-band beach birding, Camber has a rather nice beach and last time I went (December, good times) there were a fair few gulls and waders around:

The dunes.

The beach.

Sanderling & Herring Gull.

Bar-tailed Godwits.

Oystercatcher.
It'll be interesting to see what's about in summer. If I had my own wheels I'd go down the road to Dungeness, one of my favourite places! Or check out Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, unfortunately it doesn't look particularly accessible from Camber as the River Rother is in the way. The beach is lovely though, it will probably be busier at this time of year (although maybe not, looking at the weather forecast), even if I don't see so much it's still a great way to spend the morning before the music starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment