Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

24. American Wigeon (Anas americana)

Another mysterious (i.e. I haven't seen one) American duck today, the American Wigeon looks a bit like someone decided to paint a Eurasian Wigeon different colours. Or a Eurasian Wigeon looks like an American Wigeon painted different colours, depending on your viewpoint.

I wanted a more interesting pose today so have gone for this cheery looking fellow. I wonder if he's making a similar noise to his Eurasian cousins, Collins doesn't tell me? However xeno-canto does, and it does turn out to be fairly similar, although not quite the same.

American Wigeon, ©ingridtaylar, via Flickr Creative Commons.

American Wigeon sketch.
Again I spent longer than intended on this, and I seem to have made him rather chunky!

No comments:

Post a Comment