- Mr Shoveler was back on Merecroft Pool, feeding furiously!
- A Mistle Thrush hopping around the Paddocks, only my second sighting of this species at KNNR.
- Some very furtive Lesser Redpolls hiding deep in some bushes near British Waterways Meadow.
- A pair of Goosanders on Merecroft Pool.
- A Kingfisher flying east over Wychall Reservoir.
- Redwing feeding unobtrusively in the mud just to the west of Wychall Reservoir.
- Four Stock Doves flying around the Merecroft Pool area.
- A Treecreeper in the fading light in the area (not open to the public) northwest from Wychall Reservoir.
- Just as I was leaving, a small group (6-8) of Pied Wagtails flying overhead to roost somewhere for the night.
|British Waterways Meadow (HDR, a bit windy).|
|Next to Merecroft Pool (HDR).|
|Was pleased with this one of Merecroft Pool - a view I hadn't much experienced before due to the extremely muddy path! (HDR).|
|West of Wychall Reservoir just after sunset (HDR).|
FULL BIRD LIST
|Blackbird||Great Tit||Pied Wagtail (yarrellii)|
|Black-headed Gull||Grey Heron||Redwing|
|Blue Tit||Herring Gull||Robin|
|Carrion Crow||Kingfisher||Song Thrush|
|Chaffinch||Lesser Black-backed Gull||Starling|
|Coal Tit||Lesser Redpoll||Stock Dove|
|Great Spotted Woodpecker||Mute Swan|