I saw 30 species in total (again) and of these, 8 were new since my first trip:
- Lesser Black-backed Gull flying over - a common sight in Birmingham, especially at this time of day in winter when they are heading somewhere to roost, in this part of Birmingham most likely Bartley Reservoir.
- Great Spotted Woodpecker.
- Buzzard - heard but not seen.
- Jackdaws - a good-sized roost (maybe a hundred or so birds) along the Rea Valley route.
- A few Starlings flying over.
- The hoped-for Teal on Wychall Reservoir. In the terrible light it was hard to tell but there were at least 10 present.
|Terrible photo in the crepuscular gloom, of a newly opened-up view.|
FULL BIRD LIST